Is Distance Education Right for Me?
Distance-learning students need to be self-directed and self-motivated in their approach to learning and possess effective study skills and habits. Read on about Successful Distance Learners or complete the Self-Assessment Survey.
Successful Distance Learners
A successful distance learning student needs a self-directed style and will complete the course:
- By having a sincere desire to learn independently with consistent self-motivation
- By maintaining self-discipline and avoiding procrastination
- By communicating effectively with instructors and fulfilling course requirements in a timely manner
- Regular contact with the instructor
- Careful reading of all information provided
- Buying of required text and study materials
- Effective utilization of media and supplemental components
- Reading and studying text and related materials
- Timely completion of assignments and examinations as directed by the individual instructor
- Student's active participation throughout the quarter
Helpful Site for More Information
Distance Education & Training Council - for information about accreditation nationwide.