What is a Peer Mentor?
- A knowledgeable and experienced guide
- A trusted ally
- A caring role model
- An experienced person who provides information, advice, support, and encouragement to a less experienced person, often leading and guiding by example of his/her success in an area
Play the Peer Mentor video! (It's worth it.)
What are the benefits of seeing a mentor?
- Improving study skills
- Helping students learn how to network with peers, faculty, and administration
- Improving self-esteem and confidence
- Improving communication skills, including a clearer sense of what questions to ask when and where
- Strengthening time management skills in personal, homework, and test taking situations
- Strengthening academic skills in general leading to student success
What we can help you with?
- Goal setting
- Time management skills
- Tips on how to get the most out of your courses and overall college career
- Listening and note taking skills
- Scholarship advice and help with the FAFSA
- Understanding your learning style
- 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Where can you find us?
We are located in the Student Center, in Riverhawk Central