The ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team shall provide representation of students interests, needs and well-being within the College community through a model of governance which provides for student advocacy and student engagement.
The ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team is recognized by the UCC Board as the sole representative body of Umpqua Community College students. ASUCC Student Government leaders gain valuable leadership and executive level experience such as leadership training, decision making, fiscal management and conflict management.
ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team members serve as agents for inquiry and support for the students of Umpqua Community College.
It shall be the responsibility of an ASUCC Officer to:
- Assume the responsibility of being a leader of students.
- Attend and participate in at least 80% of regularly scheduled ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team meetings per quarter, excluding summer.
- Serve as a voting member of ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team.
- Establish and maintain a minimum of ten (10) working hours per week, excluding finals week and quarter breaks and participate in two (2) hours per week of scheduled ASUCC Student Government and ASUCC Executive Council/ Leadership Team meetings.
- Attend summer training/leadership retreat, participate in quarterly leadership development and attend off-campus leadership conferences.
- Lobby once a term, if necessary and appropriate.
- Serve on at least two (2) college committees.
- Support all ASUCC functions and activities.
- Assist with Student Life Office and campus events.
- Provide tours upon request.
- Develop and maintain healthy working relationships.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of ASUCC documents.
- Training with the outgoing officers, to take place prior to officially taking office.
- A minimum of 40 hours of leadership training plus leadership conferences and UCC event participation during the period of July-September, schedule to be determined.
- Minimum of ten (10) office hours per week, each quarter, beginning the first week of Fall quarter 2013, excluding finals week and quarter breaks.
- Weekly ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team meetings, as scheduled.
- Weekly Executive Council meetings, as scheduled.
- Committee meetings, as determined.
- Activities development and implementation, as determined.
- Leadership workshops, as determined and necessary.
- Other leadership meetings, as determined and necessary.
An officer shall receive quarterly tuition assistance (for fall, winter and spring terms) of no less than $500 and no more than 12 credits of tuition, excluding technology, student activity fees and the SUCCESS fee. Summer quarter compensation for participation in leadership training shall be $500.
- Next >>