Wireless Printer Access
Click the Windows "Start" button; click "Run." If “Run” is not showing up in your Start menu, press the Windows button on your keyboard and the letter R. Type this string of numbers (including \\) into the window next to the word "open": \\192.168.222.20 and then double-click on LIB-Wireless to install it to your machine.
Apple Macintosh computers:
To install the printer driver: Click the Apple icon at the top left; click "System Preference"; click the "Print and Fax" icon. Now you're going to Add Printer. Click the + symbol under the window listing the printers you already use and the "Printer Setup Utility" will open. Select the "IP" menu from the options at the top of this window, and on the "Protocol" dropdown menu, choose "PCL Socket." Now enter the IP address: \\192.168.222.25 and click "Add."
This service is free to UCC students. If you are not a UCC student, please pay 5 cents per page at the Circulation desk. Thank you.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact the library staff!
COMING SOON (but not yet):
In order to use the wireless printer you will need to install a printer driver AND software for the GoPrint release station to retrieve your printed documents. These instructions should work for Windows laptops:
1. Click the Start button and type \\wifi in the search window. Make sure to use backward slashes \\
2. Hit your [enter] key. You should end up here:
3. Click on the LIB-Wireless icon to install the driver for the printer. You may see a box with the question, "Do you trust this printer?" Click the [Install driver] button. The driver will now be copied to your computer.
4. Go back to the box pictured above and click on the "popup" file folder. Inside the folder you'll see the file, "gswebclient".
5. Click [gswebclient] to install the GoPrint software on your computer. You'll be asked, "Do you want to run this file?" Yes, you do. Click the [run] button.
6. A Preferences Box should appear, as seen below. Enter the "Server Name or URL". Enter https://wifi:7773
Note that this time you'll be entering forward slashes // Leave the Location ID blank.
7. Click the [OK] button or press the Enter key on your keyboard.
8. A Security Alert box may appear with the question, "Do you want to proceed?" Press the [Yes] button.
9. A GoPrint Popup window should appear:
10. NOW--you are ready to print a document from your computer. Click File, then Print, as you would normally.
11. Choose the correct printer: LIB-Wireless on wifi. Click the [Print] button.
12. The GoPrint Popup window should appear with the name of your document near the top. In this example the document is from Microsoft Word:
13. Be sure to click the box to the left of your document name. Create a "Release ID"--anything you want; just remember it. Create a "Release Code".
14. Click the [Send to Print Station] button.
15. Walk to the wireless printer to retrieve your print job.
16. Look at the GoPrint Touch Screen to find your "Release ID". You should see the name you gave to your print job. Now you'll be prompted for the "Release Code", which you assigned to the document. Use the touch screen to enter your code.
17. Follow the directions on the GoPrint Touch Screen to select your print job and send it to the printer.