We've modified the process for collecting contact information for the UCC Emergency Alert Notification System so you can add or update your information anytime through Self-Service Banner (SSB). If you would like to receive information about weather delays, closures or other emergency situations, please review the instructions below.
NOTE: at a minimum and without any further steps, employees will receive a message to their employee (Firstname.Lastname[AT]umpqua.edu) email account and students will receive a message to their college-assigned email address.
Additionally, through SSB, you have the option to 1) add or change the number to receive a voice message, 2) add or change a phone number that can receive a text message and/or 3) add or change an alternate or personal email address.
Follow these steps to access the Emergency Notification update section in Self-Service Banner:
- Log into Self-Service Banner with your ID and password.
- In the Personal Information tab of the Main Menu, select "View/Update Emergency Alert Contact Information" which is last on the list of options.
- Read through the information carefully. Select "Update Data" (bottom left button).
- On this screen, input the appropriate contact information as indicated. When complete, select "Confirm Data."
- Review the screen to be sure the information is correct.
- You are finished and you can continue working in SSB or exit the system.
This information will be uploaded to our Emergency Messaging System, Blackboard Connect, on a regular basis through an automated script. Please note this process replaces previous hard copy formats and allows for employees and students to manage their own Emergency Notification Alert System data.