Article IX—Removal from Office
Any ASUCC officer, senator, or club representative may be dismissed from office for the following:
- Failure to maintain the responsibilities, duties and/or minimum qualifications of his/her office.
- Failure to follow the policies and procedures outlined in any of the ASUCC documents and applicable UCC documents.
- Abuse of power of office.
- If found by the UCC Vice President for Student Development to have committed a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
Removal of an ASUCC officer, senator or club representative from a position may be initiated through a recall, through action taken by the ASUCC Student Leadership Team, or result from the performance review process. The process for succession, recall, academic and performance probation, suspension and dismissal will be defined in the ASUCC Bylaws.
Section 1—Vacancies in the ASUCC Executive Council
The ASUCC Council shall fill vacancies occurring in the ASUCC Executive Council during the quarter through appointment.
- In case of a vacancy in the office of the ASUCC President, the ASUCC Vice President shall assume the duties and the office of ASUCC President until the vacancy is filled. In case of vacancies occurring in both offices simultaneously, the ASUCC Student Leadership Team shall have the option to appoint new officers from within the ASUCC Student Leadership Team or hold a special election.
- The ASUCC Vice President or designee shall announce the vacancy when it occurs, and the vacated position shall immediately be opened for appointment.
- The ASUCC Vice President or designee may open the position internally for appointments. If there is no internal interest in the position or no candidate is selected to fill the position, the ASUCC Vice President or designee may open the position for any qualified applicants.
- Applications for filling a vacancy on the ASUCC Executive Council shall be accepted by the ASUCC Vice President or designee for two (2) calendar weeks after the date a vacancy has been announced.
- The ASUCC Vice President or designee and the ASUCC Advisor shall perform the initial screening for academic requirements defined in the ASUCC Constitution.
- All replacements shall be selected by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the ASUCC Student Leadership Team.