ASUCC Student Government
ASUCC (Associated Students of Umpqua Community College) are YOUR Student Government! We are a five officer and many senator leadership team that is engaged in developing leadership skills while serving the campus community. Student Government keeps students informed about administrative or legislative policies that directly affect students, foster community through campus activities and provides opportunities for student leadership skill development.
• Leadership - Campus-wide elections are held in Spring to fill the five officer positions. Candidates for officer positions must have completed a minimum 9 credits in Winter Quarter and have earned both a quarterly and cumulative gpa of 2.50; in addition they must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits in Spring quarter. Applications for senator positions are available each quarter; new students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits; returning students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits and have earned a cumulative gpa of 2.50.
• Campus Involvement – Committees, task forces and boards provide students the opportunity help shape policy, formulate plans and projects and participate in the campus decision making process. You provide the students’ perspective in issues which affect the college and students.
• Leadership Skill Building Experiences – The ASUCC leadership team attends multiple leadership conferences yearly and participates in skill building workshops and activities that will help build a strong foundation for your future success in any career. Some of the conferences we attend include the Oregon Community College Association Leadership Conference, Student Northwest Student Leadership Conference, Oregon Diversity Institute, Oregon Students of Color Conference, and National Conference on Student Leadership.
• Clubs and Student Organizations provide students with an opportunity to combine various aspects of your academic and/or vocational learning into personal action. You learn to apply the skills and responsibilities of leadership (communication, team building, problem solving, meeting management, decision making and conflict management) and you become involved in your community. Clubs are a great way to meet other students with similar interests and have fun while developing life-long skills.
• Rewarding Volunteer Opportunities – There are a variety of campus and community volunteer experiences that cover a spectrum of causes and organizations. Would you like to help those that are in need? Through our new program, Project C.A.N.S., you can become an essential member of our team that will provide invaluable resources to the student population.
• Networking and Relationship Building – Make lasting connections with student government members, faculty, staff, and administrators. Through statewide conferences and activities, network with other student leaders and forge bonds that will facilitate in getting your ideas off the ground.
• Fun and Rewarding Activities – Every year ASUCC plans and produces activities aimed toward enriching the campus experience for the students of UCC. These activities range from educational to just for fun and from small scale to very large events. Come be a part of our team and work on activities such as:
• The Annual Haunted House
• Rocky Horror Picture Show
• Cultural Diversity Week
• Dodgeball Tournament
• Valentines Day Fund-Raiser
• Spring Fever
• Club Fairs
• Chinese New Year
• YOUR NEW AND EXCITING ACTIVITY IDEA COULD GO HERE!
“Some Focus on What They Can, Others Focus on What They Can’t, What Do You Do?” – Anonymous