This course is pending approval.
The Occupational Skills Training (OST) one-year certificate program provides a combination of academic study and hands-on training. Students earn approximately half of their program credits through training at local business/agency sites.
Choose from among these careers and more:
- Administrative Assistant
- Bank Management Trainee
- Public Utility Worker
- Information Services
- Pharmacy Technician
- Social Services Aid
- Truck Driving
- Water / Wastewater
- Treatment Plant Operator
- Winemaking Assistant
Select this and add a new snippet. Otherwise, delete.
Almost any occupation can be addressed provided the following conditions are met:
- There are jobs currently available in the selected field.
- There is an appropriate training site available in the community.
- The occupational goal is appropriate to the program length of one year.
- There is no overlap with existing UCC programs (trainings may overlap for students in special circumstances as approved by program personnel).
View / Download catalog information for Occupational Skills Training (Certificate)
At UCC, you can earn a variety of certificates and degrees that can enhance your current career or place you in the workforce sooner. Plus, UCC offers:
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
Clay Baumgartner - Contact
Chair, Associate Professor, Engineering / Surveying & CIS