"This is the saddest day in the 50 year history of UCC. Our hearts go out to every student, every employee, and every family touched by this tragedy.
"I want to thank all of our friends and neighbors who have dropped everything to help us. Over the next weeks, we will come together to accept offers of help and care so that we can assist one another."
-Dr. Rita Cavin
UCC Interim President
Is Distance Education Right for Me?
Distance-learning students need to be self-directed and self-motivated in their approach to learning and possess effective study skills and habits. Read on about Successful Distance Learners or complete the Self-Assessment Survey.
Successful Distance Learners
A successful distance learning student needs a self-directed style and will complete the course:
- By having a sincere desire to learn independently with consistent self-motivation
- By maintaining self-discipline and avoiding procrastination
- By communicating effectively with instructors and fulfilling course requirements in a timely manner
Building blocks to success include:
- Regular contact with the instructor
- Careful reading of all information provided
- Buying of required text and study materials
- Effective utilization of media and supplemental components
- Reading and studying text and related materials
- Timely completion of assignments and examinations as directed by the individual instructor
- Student's active participation throughout the quarter
Helpful Site for More Information
Distance Education & Training Council - for information about accreditation nationwide.