This is a new certificate based on three existing CIS courses: CIS 122, CIS 133CS, and CIS 233CS.
Students will be able to earn this certification and then continue seamlessly on to our other CIS programs. Those who are already employed in the profession that want to upgrade their programming skills may also benefit from this certificate. This certificate may also lead to entry-level programmer jobs.
Programmers convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language. Develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
Download Career Pathways for Computer Information Systems (Coming soon)
View / Download catalog information for Junior Programmer: Pathways Certificate (Coming soon)
Other CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Health Informatics: AAS
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathways Certificate
- Cisco Networking Support Technician: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Database Analyst: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathways Certificate
- Server Administrator: Pathways Certificate
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Assistant Professor, CIS