Spring Term Registration begins next week – on-line and in person registration will open at 8:00am on February 17. Priority registration is as follows:
- Feb 17-18 for students with 45 or more earned credit hours
- Feb 19-22 for students with 30 or more earned credit hours
- Feb 23-25 for students with 15 or more earned credit hours
- Feb 26 – Mar 1 for students with 1 or more earned credit hour
- Mar 2 & on - Open Registration for all students
UCC Foundation Scholarships. The UCC Foundation Scholarship Application deadline has been extended to March 9! The application can be found at the following link http://www.umpqua.edu/scholarships
OSAC. The Oregon Student Assistance Commission Scholarship application is currently open and the deadline to apply is March 1st 2015. The EARLY BIRD DEADLINE is February 15th (If you get your app in by this date you are entered into a drawing for an additional scholarship). https://app.oregonstudentaid.gov/
Tax Preparation Assistance
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers - at more than 5,000 locations nationwide. To find a location near you in Douglas County, visit http://tinyurl.com/aarpdouglascounty.
Citations Workshop – from 12:30-1:00pm in the Library Group Study Room. Learn how to save time with MLA and APA! Export citations, cite obscure sources and use NoodleBib. Bring your questions!
Searching for Aztlan, presented by Teatro Milagro (Miracle Theater) at 3pm in Centerstage Theatre, Whipple Fine Arts. Searching for Aztlan is a biting and satirical journey in search of lost identity and culture. A free presentation from the UCC World Languages Program, sponsored by ASUCC.
UCC Art Gallery Artist Reception for Flocks of Secrets, Swarms of Lies, an international exhibit of Bioart featuring works created by ten artists from Australia, Canada, Great Britain and the United States. The reception is from 4-6pm in the Art Gallery; light refreshments and wine tasting provided and three of the artists will be attending to talk about their work.
Cajun Cuisine Capstone Dinner from UCC Culinary Arts at 6pm in the River Rush Bistro. A four course meal for $18. Tickets and menu information available at https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?ticketing=ucc01
Riverhawk Basketball in the PE Gym. LAST HOME GAME!! The Men and Women play Mount Hood Community College; Women’s game is at 2:00pm and the Men’s game is at 4:00pm.
Umpqua Chamber Orchestra and UCC Chamber Choir Concert at 7:30pm at First Presbyterian Church. Admission is at the door and is $7/person, $15/family. For more information contact 541-440-4691.
Celebrate What Makes You Unique – Diversity Week - From 11am-1pm in the Student Center
Monday, March 3
Disabilities Awareness, featuring the Ted Talk “From Where I Sit” at Noon in the Cafeteria
Tuesday, March 4
UCC and the World, featuring “Liberty In North Korea” at Noon in the Cafeteria
Wednesday, March 5
ASUCC for Campus Unity
Thursday, March 6
Women, featuring the documentary “Miss Representation” at 3pm in the Cafeteria
Friday, March 7
LGBTQ, featuring the documentary “Bullied” at Noon in the Cafeteria
Citations Workshop – from 5:30-6:00pm in the Library Group Study Room. Learn how to save time with MLA and APA! Export citations, cite obscure sources and use NoodleBib. Bring your questions!
Live! All Request Dance Party! With “Ruth and the Reason” a modern tribute to classic soul music – from 7-10pm in the UCC Student Center. Admission is at the door and is $10/person, $5/student. For more information contact 541-440-4691.
Oregon One-Acts. A High School Short Play Competition – starting at 1pm in Jacoby Auditorium. The event is FREE; donations will be accepted at the door.
A video preview of Kiss Me Kate –the mainstage production for the 2015 Oregon Musical Theatre Festival – with OMTF Director Troy Pennington – at 7pm in Centerstage Theatre. Admission is FREE.
Campus Club Meetings
- This information will be updated as clubs provide their meeting times
- Bible Study Club meets Friday at Noon in the Cafeteria
- Debate Club meets Friday’s at Noon in Sny 18
- Drama Club meets Thursday’s at 11:30am in Whipple Centerstage
- Engineering Club meets Friday’s at Noon in JH 17
- Environmental Sustainability Club meets Wednesday’s at 3pm in SCI 16
- Geology Clue meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 3:15pm in SCI 16
- Mainstream Newspaper meets Wednesday’s and Thursday’s at 12:30 in TC 103
- National Student Nursing Association meets Monday’s and Thursday’s; check in the ASUCC offices for time and location
- Phi Theta Kappa meets Friday’s at Noon in ESB 9
- Veteran’s Club meets Wednesday’s at Noon in the Veterans Center
- Wrestling Club meets Friday’s at 4pm in PE 14.
Bookstore Reminders. Students who rented books this term, please remember that book rentals must be returned by March 19th to avoid late and lost fees. Book buyback will be March 18th and 19th from 8:30am to 3:30pm in the Student Center Lobby. Looking for a new clothing item? “I am UCC” t-shirts are available in the Bookstore for $12.99.